Sunday, May 10, 2009

Owen O'Toole: Identity Box (working title)

These blog pages are akin to a fund-raising drive at a Public Radio station. I'm hoping that--if you can afford to do so--you might consider contibuting to my future film-making activities. I decided to make 2009 a year to experiment with new fund-raising methods.

In return for your gift/donation, I offer a credit in the film which gets directly created as a result of this fundraising. Gifts of $100 also receive a dvd compilation of film works by Owen O'Toole, including:

1. Pisa, 2. WR Theme, 3. Frames for Frampton, 4. The Filmers Almanac, 5. The Flamethrowers, 6. Wet Gate Live in Australia (sample), 7. As If It Were Your Own (sample), 8. The Lion Still Has Wings. Approx 50 minutes.

Gifts of $250 or more receive the complete 6 dvd set, including:
1. Sonnet Lumiere (early super8 films)
2. Filmers Almanac (3x dvd)
3. As If It Were Your Own/They Have Poisoned The Drinking Water (2 films from the 90s, Drinking water being a documentary on my 2 month visit to Russia).
4. Jalopy Hour/Lion Still Has Wings (collaborations with Jeff Plansker)

Smaller gift/donations are welcomed and will receive film credit and thanks. Larger gifts are welcome and I would be happy to discuss options and involvement with anyone interested in acting as a larger financial benefactor.

Contact me at oein@mac.com and you can use PayPal to make a donation/contribution to the same e-mail address.

My goal is to make films, to keep my small dream factory functional during a financially challenging time period. I would like to make "successful" films, which do well at festivals and find distribution. I would be happy to discuss profit-sharing options with anyone willing to finance my film-making.

I am also developing an electronic music device and a musical iPhone application, both of which need financing to become realities.

Thank you for your consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment