Friday, July 24, 2009

New Inventions In Search of Funding

It's funny to me that I should finally be getting comfortable with electronics, given that I have used such devices to make music/sound and film/video the past 25 years. The 6-channel speaker array project I detailed on another page: http://underminds.blogspot.com/2009/05/building-slork-speaker-array-part-2-i.html
has been my undergraduate electronic project and I can now solder reasonably well, though I am still trouble-shooting some bugs in that device.

I occasionally come up with ideas for machines or devices which I think could make living more interesting, at least to a certain number of people. I hope to be able to follow these invention ideas to fruition, but it often takes investment capital. I once had some family money and used it to the best of my ability towards understanding the world and making films and music (ways of understanding). I had a short-lived record label. As a self-employed filmmaker and soundtrack composer I am currently surviving by selling pieces from the Philo Film and Phonograph Co. collection of film and music history materials. In other words, the materials I collected to inspire me to create. Books, records, film, equipment.

I am looking for financial partners to help me continue my creative activities.

I am currently working on an iPhone app which I have found several willing developers to work with on, but they all expect payment before the work goes forward. Funny how that is. This idea involves turning the iPhone into a playable musical device, I think a universally enjoyable one. I think it has good return possibilites. One developer estimated about $5,000 to complete that project. If anyone wants to talk with me about that I am available thru e-mail as always.

I also have a musical hardware invention I am researching and trying to build the prototype for, involving a mixing board designed in a novel and truly fascinating manner. It will be a beautiful combination of antique and futuristic hardware. I'm hoping to find some investment partners to try to make this thing real.

So I am reaching out to friends as a way to begin these new approaches to micro and macro fund my endeavors, since most of what I do exists outside the borders of normal activity and research. If you are someone who has some investment funds around and are looking to help a devoted artist and searcher realize a few good projects, and maybe even benefit back upon the success of these projects, I would love to hear from you.

Sorry, I don't have a name for an electronics or softward firm yet. I'm open to your ideas!

Thanks you.
Owen O'Toole
oein@mac.com
Los Angeles

No comments:

Post a Comment